[DWJ] Tag yourself: Archer's Goon edition

Martha Hixon martha.hixon at mtsu.edu
Mon Sep 4 11:40:44 EDT 2017

*Archer's Goon* was the first DWJ book I read, and it's the one that made
me fall in love with her writing. (Nearly every book after that kept me in
love, of course). It's still one of my top 5 favorites. The character
development, plot twists that you don't see coming, and humor all are
classic DWJ.

The miniseries was . . . okay. Not disappointing, really, but not fabulous
(maybe her books just can't be captured on screen? At least without a huge
budget). I too saw it in Bristol in 2009, at the first DWJ conference.
Shine is the best of the casting, I thought at the time, though Torquil was
good, too.

Martha

Dr. Martha P. Hixon
Department of English