[DWJ] Japanese titles of DWJ books

Catherine Butler cathcbutler at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 10:39:25 EDT 2017

Yes, it did well enough when it first came out, but it faded from view in
the UK, or at least that's my impression. In Japan, though, where time-slip
stories had been very popular since the translation of *Tom's Midnight
Garden* had introduced the genre (or so I seem to remember reading in this
book
<https://www.amazon.com/Translation-Reception-Childrens-Literature-Japan_With/dp/4755302552/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8>),
it found a more enduring public. (And I like to think that it's indirectly
from this influence of British children's literature that we get more
recent Japanese time slips as *The Girl Who Leapt Through Time*, *Your Name*,
etc.)

Cathy