[DWJ] Looking for article submissions for a zine about CS Lewis

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Mon Jul 31 15:51:51 EDT 2017

On Mon, 31 Jul 2017, Emma Falconer wrote:

> Growing up with Narnia in a hardcore Christian upbringing- from a
> contributor – did you grow up in ultra Christian surroundings where secular
> entertainment was banned or strongly discouraged?

I can't contribute an article, but this reminds me of a friend my daughters
had in high school -- she was forbidden any fantasy (so much that we had to
lie about what movie we were taking her to on a birthday party; I think it
was a completely innocuous children's fantasy movie) EXCEPT NARNIA.

Also, she was allowed violent FPS games as long as they were "realistic". At
8-9 years old.

    Irina

--
Vesta veran, terna puran, farenin.