[DWJ] Tune of "Angel of Caprona"

Eleanor Joslin eleanor at dreamvine.org.uk
Wed Jul 12 18:16:33 EDT 2017

But the words in the book, in either language, don't fit the "Vltava"
tune.  I don't think they're supposed to.  The way I read the interview, I
think she was only saying that that's where she got the idea of a tune for
which words needed to be found.

I had a go at inventing my own "Angel of Caprona" tune once, but I can't
remember it.  It didn't sound old enough, anyway.  If the words have been
lost for hundreds of years, the tune has to be even older than that.

I think Thomas's suggestion fits really well, and I will adopt it as my
headcanon from now on.

While we're fitting tunes to words: in my head, this is roughly the tune of
the Macabray in Neil Gaiman's _The Graveyard Book_.  It probably has the
wrong number of lines, but that would be easy to fix.
https://www.8notes.com/scores/6455.asp

Eleanor