[DWJ] Off-topic Note: Nice News

Tue Jan 24 22:53:42 EST 2017

That's so great, Nic! And best of luck with the submissions.

Melissa Proffitt

-----Original Message-----
From: Dwj [mailto:dwj-bounces at suberic.net] On Behalf Of Nic W
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2017 8:34 PM
To: Diana Wynne Jones discussion
Subject: [DWJ] Off-topic Note: Nice News

Hello everyone!

I have a small, sweet piece of news that I had to share with you all, because I think you'll understand how much it means. I write fantasy myself, mostly for children, and I have a literary agent who is submitting one of my novels to publishers. Today I got the nicest "no" I've ever heard, from Diane Landolf of Random House. Among other things, she said, "This is possibly the first submission I’ve ever read that I think really does deserve its comparison to Diana Wynne Jones."

I teared up. Hard to find better praise than that!

Best to all,

- Nic