[DWJ] Another lost website link request

Debbie Gascoyne dgascoyne at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 17:46:18 EST 2017

Hello everyone!  I don't really know why I lurk so much rather than
participating in this lovely discussion group.  I know many of you from the
first DWJ conference, and others of you from elseweb (Twitter, Goodreads).

Anyway - delurking now!  I'm wondering if anyone knows where I might find a
copy of the two-part interview between Maureen Kincaid Speller and DWJ,
published in the fanzine Charmed Lives.  It used, apparently, to be linked
from the missing DWJ website.  I've messaged Maureen herself, but it sounds
as if her life is a bit complicated right now, so I'm wondering if anyone
else might miraculously still be able to produce a copy.

As some of you already know, I'm in the middle of a PhD dissertation on
DWJ's use of intertextuality, and am working on a chapter on dialogism in
the Dalemark books. Farah cites the interview in reference to the novella
"The True State of Affairs," and I'm curious to put her comment into a
wider context.  Maureen identified the gods as being Norse, even though the
setting of the story is apparently Dalemark - I want to see what, if
anything DWJ replied, or if there was more about the story itself.

cheers!

Debbie