[DWJ] Odd message about spoofing e-mails

Jameela Lares jameela.lares at usm.edu
Wed Jan 18 21:54:23 EST 2017

Thanks, Otter!

We were doing a lot with overlapping genres in fantasy, so _The Colour of Magic_ made for a teachable moment on how to spot satire and irony.  A number of the students actually spotted the spoofs, including the Dragonriders of Pern.  It helped that all the students had to report on an additional fantasy.

Cheers,

Jameela Lares, Ph.D.
Professor of English
University of Southern Mississippi