[DWJ] Odd message about spoofing e-mails

Otter E. Perry ottertee at silverwingleather.com
Wed Jan 18 21:07:41 EST 2017

Well, first of all, I don't teach.

However, I've been exposed to a fair amount of discussion on where to start
with Pterry. [Unfortunately, I can't remember which I read first.] A lot of
people think _Mort_ is a good place to start. And there are arguments for
_Pyramids_. Neither of them requires that you have read earlier ones,
both show Pterry after he really found his pace, and there are tons of good
puns.

[After one gets going, one needs to read the early ones, just to meet Rincewind.
But I think _The Colour of Magic_ is a bad choice because it's composed of
parodies and I shouldn't expect your students would recognize
all of them [but I may be seriously underestimating them, of course.]]

Actually, I might start with _Wyrd Sisters_.

Unfortunately I deleted your message and I don't remember much about the course
or the reading list.