[DWJ] Odd message about spoofing e-mails

Jameela Lares jameela.lares at usm.edu
Wed Jan 18 13:41:16 EST 2017

Yes, Farah told me to skip the first three, but I had already bought them, so I read them and enjoyed them.  I have read the Discworld series in order through the eleventh or so, when I took time out to read _Maurice + Rodents_ and could not get into it. I have several more on the shelf for when I get back into the series.  In any case, I am not sure what the complaint is about the first book--other than that it ends on a cliffhanger--and my students certainly seemed to enjoy it, except that they at first did not get the laid-on-thick satire and were looking for sympathetic characters, for which they defaulted to the luggage.  It was perhaps useful to challenge their presuppositions about what constitutes a good read.

Jameela