[DWJ] Odd message about spoofing e-mails

Philip Belben philip at axeside.co.uk
Wed Jan 18 13:28:34 EST 2017

On 18/01/2017 15:42, Jameela Lares wrote:
> Thanks, Otter.  I imagine many listmembers will disagree, but I
> tended to assign first books in series to cut down on spoilers.
>
> Which Pratchett or other text would you have taught, and why?

I am not a Pratchett expert - Elizabeth has finally got me reading
discworld books, after many years of resisting it (I was put off as a
teenager) - but I regard discworld much more as a setting than a series.
  In particular, everyone who has recommended Pratchett to me over the
years has recommended not starting with CoM.

On the other hand, the Lewis series is very much more a series, and I
find it odd that you have your students read Perelandra without having
first absorbed some of the background from Out of the Silent Planet.

Philip.