[DWJ] Best of 2016

alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca
Sun Jan 15 17:54:18 EST 2017

Actually the title is Goldenhand, correct?

I agree re Clariel. I got bogged down at the beginning of that book and
still haven't finished it. Goldenhand, OTOH, was an exciting book with the
alternating viewpoints and the uncertainty re some of the characters
adding to the tension.

Alayne

--
Alayne McGregor
alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca

"Books are an amazing thing. Anyone who thinks of them as a escape from reality or as something you should get your nose out of and go outside and
play, as merely a distraction, or an amusement, or a waste of time, is dead wrong. Books are the most important, the most powerful, the most
beautiful thing humans have ever created. ... Books can reach out across space and time and language and culture and customs, gender, and age, and
even death and speak to someone they never met, to someone who wasn't even born when they were written, and give them help, and advice, and
companionship and consolation." -- Connie Willis