[DWJ] Best of 2017??

Caroline Mills carrie at pitofdespair.org
Fri Jan 13 17:57:55 EST 2017

I third the Zen Cho recommendation and second Ann Leckie's Ancillary
series. Otherwise, some of my favourites fantasy books from the last
couple of years include Kate Elliott's Court of Fives (YA Little Women
meet American Ninja Warrior), NK Jemisin's Fifth Season (epic fantasy in
a world torn apart by seismic/volcanic activity), Genevieve Valentine's
Persona (thriller in a future where celebrities are the face of
international diplomacy), Mary Robinette Kowal's Glamourist History
series (Jane Austen with magic) and Emma Newman's Split World series
(urban fantasy court intrigue).

Caroline