[DWJ] Best of 2017??

Katarina Hjärpe katarina.hjarpe at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 08:42:18 EST 2017

I only just read Freaky Families yesterday, so that was news for me on the
DWJ front!

One book I really liked last year was Uprooted by Naomi Novik. I started it
and put it down, and then restarted it months later and read the whole
thing through in hardly any time at all! It seems like a Beauty and the
Beast kind of tale but isn't really that at all, and I found that I
particularly liked all the details about the workings of magic in it.

I've also read all three Class novelizations, which were quite nice if you
like the TV show (which I do). And more Mary Balogh romance novels than I
probably should admit... they're such fluffy, good fun.

Among books read for work, Kenneth Oppel's *The Nest* is an unsettling
story about getting what we wish for, that might work for adult readers too.

Aaron Becker's picture books are a delight for anyone to dive into,
journeys into faraway worlds through the power of drawings.

Can't think of anything else right now, not exactly a list.

Katta