[DWJ] Black Maria

Jameela Lares Jameela.Lares at usm.edu
Wed Dec 13 07:16:20 EST 2017

I have not been able to read _Black/Aunt Maria_ through even once, though I also could not read through even the first of the Series of Unfortunate Events.  Too many triggers.  My childhood was not safe, but it is some comfort to think that many childhoods must have been, given how many people can be entertained by domestic terror.

Cheers,

Jameela Lares
Professor of English
Charles W. Moorman Distinguished Professor, 2017-2019
The University of Southern Mississippi
108 College Drive #5037
Hattiesburg, MS 39406-0001