[DWJ] Black Maria

Martha Hixon martha.hixon at mtsu.edu
Tue Dec 12 16:09:24 EST 2017

oh, very helpful, Minnow. Diana clearly meant all these connections, then.
I should have guessed, since it's the layers of meaning and puns, as you
say, that make her books so wonderful.

And yes, the UK title likely would have caused a bit of a stir here,
unfortunately, though it never occurred to me, either -- but then, I read
the book as "Aunt Maria," so I already knew who she was when I found out
the British title.

Thanks!

best,
Martha