[DWJ] Black Maria

Eleanor Joslin eleanor at dreamvine.org.uk
Tue Dec 12 07:13:45 EST 2017

It is certainly pronounced that way in my mother's audiobook of _Mansfield
Park_.

By the way, I understand that the US _Aunt Maria_ begins by telling you how
to pronounce it.  The UK edition, at least the version I have, does not.
You are supposed to know.  I didn't know, until I think my mother corrected
me, just from seeing the title, because she knew about the police van.

Eleanor