[DWJ] Contemporary Sophie

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Fri Aug 25 11:59:11 EDT 2017

On Fri, 11 Aug 2017, Janet Eastwood wrote:

> Meghan, aka draw-blog on tumblr, recently posted an autobiographical comic on gaining weight and the freedom she found in throwing off social pressure and expectations. It was Sophie Hatter as an old woman all over again. Thought you might enjoy it: http://draw-blog.tumblr.com/post/164039081438/on-shopping-while-fat-2-son-of-fat

Neat! Both the comic and the thought of Sophie remind me of Dar
Willliams's 'you're aging well,' though I suppose Sophie got young
again.  But she stayed old Sophie in the important ways.

video with the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRLSH5WuVqg
lyrics: https://genius.com/Dar-williams-youre-aging-well-lyrics

-deborah