[DWJ] Dwj Digest, Vol 135, Issue 6

Stallcup, Jackie E jackie.stallcup at csun.edu
Mon Aug 7 16:40:49 EDT 2017

Ahhh!  Yes, so very very true!

And what a good idea....

-----Original Message-----
From: Dwj [mailto:dwj-bounces at suberic.net] On Behalf Of Catherine Butler
Sent: Monday, August 07, 2017 1:16 PM
To: Diana Wynne Jones discussion <dwj at suberic.net>
Subject: Re: [DWJ] Dwj Digest, Vol 135, Issue 6

As far as I remember, there wasn't any particular DWJ context. It was just a realisation that, when we were talking about fantasy, and more particularly trying to define its various genres, there were more variables in play than could reasonably be accommodated by a linear English sentence, and that what was really needed was a 3D model.

Back in those days - perhaps 2005? - it was also customary to mention the obDWJ (obligatory DWJ reference), lest we stray off topic. I fancy that when fantasy orreries went on sale, They (from *Homeward Bounders*) would have been first in line.

Cathy