[DWJ] Another reading list

Katarina Hjärpe katarina.hjarpe at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 04:41:14 EDT 2017

I may be biased because Howl's Moving Castle was one of my own first DWJ
reads, but I do think it's a pretty good choice. The fairy tale parody
element brings it close to some of the Discworld books (Witches Abroad
comes to mind), and it's well-known enough to peak some curiosity.

The Magicians of Caprona might work with the Romeo and Juliet pastiche, but
I don't know that I'd recommend it to someone who hadn't read the previous
Chrestomanci novels.

Katta