[DWJ] Call for article submissions- essays on C.S. Lewis and Philip Pullman

Emma Falconer emmajanefalconer at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 16:14:24 EDT 2016

Call for zine submissions for my children's literature zine Being Editors!
I'm looking for essays on C.S. Lewis and Philip Pullman.

Perhaps you remember the zine of essays on Diana Wynne Jones I did a while
back? I'm going to reprint it soon, but there's also another issue in the
works about Narnia and His Dark Materials.

** I should make it very clear that I am absolutely not looking for
uncritical essays on C.S. Lewis from a conservative Christian perspective.
**

I am also particularly keen for contributors to cover these areas:

Racism & Orientalism in the Narnia – from a contributor with Middle Eastern
or South Asian background

Growing up with Narnia in a hardcore Christian upbringing - did you grow up
in ultra Christian surroundings where secular entertainment was banned or
strongly discouraged?

Growing up with the Narnia books in a Muslim/Orthodox Jewish/Hindu/Sikh