[DWJ] "Howl's Moving Castle" "IS COOL"

thomas thomas at thurman.org.uk
Fri Oct 28 11:55:26 EDT 2016

Well, it's a paperback with that cellophane-like cover that libraries use to protect books, and there's a spine label saying "WYN" in neatly handwritten ink. There's no paper in the front for datestamps and no magnetic thingy in the back. I take this to mean that it started life in a very small library, possibly that of a junior school.
The other lovely thing is that the word "Doodles" is written in pencil on the blank pages at the end. Perhaps this was in response to a teacher's complaint about the children drawing doodles in the books?
-------- Original message --------From: "Otter E. Perry" <ottertee at silverwingleather.com> Date: 28/10/2016  16:30  (GMT+00:00) To: Diana Wynne Jones discussion <dwj at suberic.net> Subject: Re: [DWJ] "Howl's Moving Castle" "IS COOL"
Good to see the word is being passed on.

On another paw, why did this person get rid of his copy? I suppose there are
good reasons for getting rid of cool books, but ....