[DWJ] Dorian update

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 18:12:38 EST 2016

>Does she have enough long term memory that she would appreciate written
notes from any of us, now that she can read? Because I would love to send
her something, at >whatever cognitive level you tell us she's prepared for.

That's one of those multi-part questions that we have to work to avoid when
writing to Dorian. =)  It would be hard to say with any certainty how well
she remembers the list and everyone's names, but I am certain she'd enjoy
reading notes from you, singular or plural! No need to simplify what you
write for her, as the problem with longer books I mentioned is more the
ability to retain plot and characters than understanding the language.  (I
actually contradicted the consultant about that during rounds the other
week. Yikes.)

Actually, if anyone has stories they want to write up, I'd be happy to
print them out and add them to her folder. Her mother wrote out a few
scenes from books and the story about the neighbour's cat I mentioned, and
she loves reading those. Another favourite of hers atm is Hugh Leonard's
_Rover and Other Cats_, which is short and funny, has a few nice pictures,
and no real plot. I tried Giant Days (Becca's, and so great), and that
seemed to be too much the first time, because there's a lot to process in
graphic novels, but she did finish it over the course of a few days more
recently.

Thanks, guys.

Hallie