[DWJ] Children's literature turning theory into plot?

Kyra Jucovy arykiy at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 03:15:02 EDT 2016

If we are going into general praise of Farah's book now, I would definitely
chime in.  When I was doing a mini-course for 16 year-olds with little
background in literature using Sarah Rees Brennan's _The Demon's Lexicon_
to teach them about close reading and unreliable narration I actually used
quotations from it to make the general point that children's and YA
literature can be beneficial in teaching people how to read from a critical
standpoint.  I'm sure that the book was an influence on my decision to run
that particular course!  So thanks, Farah.

---Kyra