[DWJ] Children's literature turning theory into plot?

Kathleen Jennings kathleen.jennings at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 07:45:36 EDT 2016

I am writing a paper on Gothic literature and wanted to include a brief
reference to the freedom children's literature seems to have to take an
aspect of literary theory and turn it into an explicit section of the
plot. I feel like I have read a discussion of that by someone on this list,
and would love to cite it, but can't for the life of me find it. Does that
ring a bell to anyone?

DWJ does it a lot, and I'm planning to include examples from *Black Maria* and
*Time of the Ghost*.

Regards to all - oh, and I'll be at Readercon this July if anyone else is
going!

Kathleen.