[DWJ] 1. Re: Chrestomanci lookalike

Katarina Hjärpe katarina.hjarpe at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 14:36:51 EDT 2016

Ooh, yes, I'd forgotten about the race- and genderbending possibilities! I
haven't seen the Fast & Furious films, sadly, so I only know half these
names. Do you mean Mirren and Dench for Gabriel, or for a future
Christopher?

Tried to think of black female Chrestomancis, maybe Sophie Okonedo or Wunmi
Mosaku would do?
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0645683/
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2148911/

Katarina

> I know that racebending or genderbending Chrestomanci changes a lot about
> the character just because of the history of empire, but I think Helen
> Mirren and Judy Dench would be marvelous for older versions, or Sung Kang
> for younger adult Chrestomanci.
>
> Um, now I want to fancast the entire Fast and the Furious franchise into
> the Chrestomanci universe, but there might be too many muscles. Jordana
> Brewster as Janet. Michelle Rodriguez as Gwendolyn. Vin Diesel as Michael
> Saunders. Ludacris and Tyrese Gibson as the Nostrum brothers. The Rock as
> ... I can't make this work at all, but I'm entertaining myself massively.
>
> Also Angel Coulby would make a fabulous Cat Chant, if you don't mind
> gender- and racebending simultaneously.
>
> -deborah

Katarina Hjärpe

fokusbibliotekarie