[DWJ] Chrestomanci lookalike

Janet Eastwood janet.eastwood at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 11 23:54:14 EDT 2016

A relative was watching Murdoch Mysteries lately, and it struck me that William Murdoch (played by Yannick Bisson) looks at times strikingly like Tim Stevens's drawings of Chrestomanci. I think it's the thin-lipped, inscrutable face with a hint of a smile, and, of course, the dark elegant hair and suits. No book cover or inside drawing has ever matched my image of Chrestomanci but now I can't see Murdoch on a side-angle without thinking of Christopher Chant.

Here's an image of Murdoch: http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/12/04/netflix-canada-cbc-deal_n_4386075.html (he's the man on the left)

For Chrestomanci, see the title page (or chapter 12) of Charmed Life, or the top drawing here: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/546554104748599639/ (sorry I can't find a better image online)

Janet