[DWJ] DWJ short story in Gaiman anthology

alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca
Tue Sep 15 00:18:14 EDT 2015

On Mon, 14 Sep 2015, Elizabeth Parks wrote:
> I just came across this Neil Gaiman-edited anthology that benefits a
> literacy and writing nonprofit.  It's called Unnatural Creatures, and
> contains a DWJ short story, The Sage of Thearle.  I know most of us have
> read that one before, but I thought I'd point it out to the list.

The whole collection is delightful, with a very high percentage of good
(aka *I* liked them) stories. And the paperback version is reasonably
priced as well, since it's a teen book.

--
Alayne McGregor
alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca

"Books are an amazing thing. Anyone who thinks of them as a escape from reality or as something you should get your nose out of and go outside and
play, as merely a distraction, or an amusement, or a waste of time, is dead wrong. Books are the most important, the most powerful, the most
beautiful thing humans have ever created. ... Books can reach out across space and time and language and culture and customs, gender, and age, and
even death and speak to someone they never met, to someone who wasn't even born when they were written, and give them help, and advice, and
companionship and consolation." -- Connie Willis