[DWJ] Book recommendations

alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca
Fri Jul 3 19:48:48 EDT 2015

Thanks for the recommendations, Gili. I just recently got my copy of _The
Lie Tree_ from the UK (here in Cabada it's only available as a KIndle and
I don't approve of Amazon's ebook practices), and I'm looking forward to
starting it.

If you liked that one, I'd recommend one of Hardinge's older books,
_Well-witched_, which is amazingly deep and scary without ever resorting
to the obvious horror tropes.

My most recent book was non-fiction: Jon Ronson's _So You've Been Publicly
Shamed_, which could be considered a horror book in its one way.

Alayne

--
Alayne McGregor
alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca

"Books are an amazing thing. Anyone who thinks of them as a escape from reality or as something you should get your nose out of and go outside and
play, as merely a distraction, or an amusement, or a waste of time, is dead wrong. Books are the most important, the most powerful, the most
beautiful thing humans have ever created. ... Books can reach out across space and time and language and culture and customs, gender, and age, and
even death and speak to someone they never met, to someone who wasn't even born when they were written, and give them help, and advice, and
companionship and consolation." -- Connie Willis