[DWJ] Easter Egg in Enchanted Glass

Zachary Sparks rykien at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 08:23:25 EST 2015

I was listening to the audiobook version of Enchanted Glass on my way to
work this morning and I had just gotten to the part where Andrew has come
back home after confronting Mr. Brown about fencing off part of Andrew's
wood and the nasty security man who's guarding it.  After Andrew calls his
lawyer and makes an attempt to find his grandfather's important papers, he
finally manages to calm down enough to read in the sitting room.  Aidan
comes in to find him reading a book on glassmaking in the Victorian era.
I'm pretty sure that this is a not-so-subtle nod to Diana's sister Isobel
Armstrong who had published Victorian Glassworlds: Glass Culture and the
Imagination 1830-1880 the previous year.  I just thought I'd share because
it made me smile.

-Zach