[DWJ] Original Cover Art - A Tale of Time City

Zachary Sparks rykien at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 15:57:44 EST 2015

Hello All,
     I saw this today and thought I would go ahead and share it.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Richard-Bober-original-book-cover-art-Diana-Wynne-Jones-Tale-of-Time-City-1989-/231481624032?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35e56145e0#ht_1390wt_1345
     I must admit that I never really liked the cover for this edition, but
I suspect now that was more to do with the border and text.  The actual
artwork itself is quite stunning, if a little dark around the edges.
I just thought that this was an interesting piece of history as I haven't
really thought about cover artists doing actual paintings.  I imagine most
cover art today is done on computers with Photoshop or other illustrating
software.

-Zach

P.S. - Now I really want a 42nd Century Butter Pie.