[DWJ] Blog post about Diana's memorial in 2012

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Thu Feb 5 12:37:43 EST 2015

On Thu, 5 Feb 2015 17:10:54 +0000
Emma Falconer <emmajanefalconer at gmail.com> wrote:

> I finally got around to writing about the memorial service for Diana I
> attended in Bristol, oooh, about 2 years ago. Never accuse me of being
> punctual . .
>
> https://emmajanefalconer.wordpress.com/2015/02/05/not-gate-crashing-a-funeral/
> ______________

Emma, I can tell you that one at least of those talks was entirely
extempore: I simply gave three things to try to lighten everyone up,
examples of her not being entirely serious at all times.... So you will
never find any record of it, as far as I know.  I don't even remember
which examples of her wicked behaviour I used!

Thank you for that blog; it is interesting to have a view from someone
who was not so heavily involved in the whole thing as I was.

I'm glad you liked St George's; the venue was my idea, and I still feel
that it was a right-place for Diana.

And that picture of Christmas Steps is lovely.

Minnow