[DWJ] Ursula Jones and Garth Nix

Elizabeth Bentley ebsln at icloud.com
Tue Sep 23 18:10:19 EDT 2014

It depends a lot on where you want to go and where from. Not to mention when!

The problem here is October 5th, as there appear to be engineering works on that line, and you have to resort to a bus!

Elizabeth

On 23 Sep 2014, at 02:04, Nic W <eawil3 at email.wm.edu> wrote:

> You Brits and your magically train-accessible country!  I would have to
> drive nearly three hours to get to Boston for the closest train.  (Well,
> the closest real train.  We have one closer than that, but it's fancy and
> old-fashioned and only goes on a two-hour loop to give people a charming
> venue from which to view scenery.)  I lived in Devon for six months, and I
> couldn't believe how you could just take a train anywhere!
>
> Wish I could go.  I'm a fan of Garth Nix, and would also of course love to
> hear Ursula speak.  Sadly, even if I did drive those three hours to the
> train station, there would not be any trains to Cheltenham there.  Would
> love to hear about it from anyone who attends!
>
> - Nic
>
> On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 8:33 AM, Sally Odgers <sally at sallyodgers.com> wrote:
>
>> Garth Nix was my editor back in the 1990s...
>> Sally Odgers
>>

>> On Mon, 22 Sep 2014 09:22:40 +0100, Kylie Ding <kylie_ding at hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> Trains to Cheltenham look really horrendous if you need to get back to
>> Essex :(
>>

>>> If you get there, please report back!
>>>
>>> Kylie

Elizabeth Bentley BA MCLIP
Librarian
Addey & Stanhope School, SE14 6TJ
CILIP's School Libraries Group national committee
mailto:ebsln at icloud.com

SLN (School Librarians' Network): To subscribe send a blank email to:
mailto:sln-subscribe at yahoogroups.com