[DWJ] Ursula Jones and Garth Nix

Kylie Ding kylie_ding at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 21 14:08:18 EDT 2014

I have just discovered that Ursula Jones is appearing with Garth Nix at the
Cheltenham Festival in the UK:

"Calling all fantasy fans! Bestselling writer Garth Nix is over from
Australia to talk about his long-awaited prequel to the Old Kingdom series
Clariel which goes back 600 years before the birth of Sabriel. He joins
Ursula Jones who completed her sister Diana Wynne Jones' final book Islands
of Chaldea, for a fascinating discussion on beginnings and endings and what
makes a classic fantasy."

I've heard Ursula speak a couple of times now, and she is well worth seeing.
Her talk at the recent conference was an absolute highlight - full of
interesting anecdotes about growing up with Diana.  She also speaks so
beautifully I'd pay to hear her read the telephone directory!

I don't think I've ever heard Garth Nix speak, but I've asked him to sign
books of mine and he's very approachable.  Parts of Lirael really reminded
me of DWJ's writing.

http://www.cheltenhamfestivals.com/literature/whats-on/2014/garth-nix-and-ur
sula-jones/

Kylie

(still planning on writing up the convention)

(really)