[DWJ] Hello again, and beards

Kyra Jucovy arykiy at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 06:54:29 EDT 2014

Cathy, leaving aside the citation of *me, *thank you so much for posting
the article.  I really like how you take the topic and open it out to
become something very meaningful and profound, staking a claim for the
importance of your way of reading and reading in general - a very moving
and powerful speech.  I am of course reminded of the day I planned out and
spent reading *Death in Venice* in Venice, as well as my goal to someday go
to the rather obscure town of Santa Ynez in California because it's where a
substantial amount of *Hitherby Dragons* is set - your paper was
particularly resonant to me because the idea of literary pilgrimage is
very, very real to me.

---Kyra, also regretting the responsibilities that prevented me from being
able to attend this conference and hoping to get as much info about it as
possible on-list (and nearly crying at the quotation on Twitter: "Settle
for what you can get, but first ask for the world," because yes, yes, a
thousand times yes)