[DWJ] Hello again, and beards

Martha Hixon marthahixon at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 12:20:01 EDT 2014

Deborah,

"domesticity" in what way? I'm not disagreeing at all, just asking for
elucidation on this point.

I really do not like that film on the whole, though I do like Miyazaki's
work in general, and I can appreciate some small bits of the film--how
Sophie's "age" is visually fluid, demonstrating that it's a disguise she
has imposed on herself, for example. But most of it just puts my teeth on
edge.

I agree about his adaptation of the *Borrowers*, too. He can't help but
impose his worldview on any story he is telling. I work in adaptations, so
I am fine with that technique, but some people just aren't good at it.

Martha

Dr. Martha P. Hixon
Department of English
Middle Tennessee State University