[DWJ] Hello again, and beards

Martha Hixon marthahixon at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 11:58:00 EDT 2014

Yes, yes, please! There have been NO pics, no reports, no comments from
anyone about the conference. I know that one has little time during, and
needs to rest afterward, but it would be nice for those of us unable to be
there . . . .  I truly regretted not being able to come; the dates just
didn't work for me. Teaching a summer seminar devoted to Jones's work
didn't make up for not being there, either :-(.

And Cathy, I completely agree about the beard making Markl look like a
dwarf. That film just confuses me in a number of ways concerning the
artistic and director decisions regarding the adaptation. I know that DWJ
said she liked it, but every time I see it, it falls flat for me. I've
decided that Miyazaki is such a strong storyteller himself that he isn't
good at adapting the work of others.

pics, anyone? Or maybe a cumulative con report, with everyone who attended
throwing in a comment or two about the papers and presentations? Did anyone
blog about it?

Martha

Dr. Martha P. Hixon
Department of English