[DWJ] Hello again, and beards

Catherine Butler cathcbutler at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 06:10:49 EDT 2014

It's been a long time since I posted here, but having seen so many list
people in Newcastle over the weekend inspired me to dip my quill and start
again. I don't know if anyone has published a con report, or is planning
to? Me, I'm too lazy - but it was very good.

Watching the Miyazaki *Howl* on Sunday got me to wondering whether
Markl/Michael's habit of donning a beard before greeting visitors to the
Porthaven and Kingsbury entrances of the castle might be a subtle nod to *Dark
Lord*. Though in truth it made him look more like a dwarf than a wizard.
Any thoughts?

Cathy