[DWJ] Newcastle on Thursday

Kylie Ding kylie_ding at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 1 09:43:45 EDT 2014

Right, I have tracked down Lucy's email, and she says Grey's Monument is an excellent place to meet as it's very easy to find and in the middle of a lot of eateries.  On Dean St, heading from the river towards the centre of Newcastle are "a ton of restaurants, including a lot of chains: Pizza Express, Las Iguanas, Carluccios at the top. There's a burger place called Burger Stop at the bottom of that hill which looks very unprepossessing but sells really nice burgers."

If we want to head towards the river, the Lucy says "I REALLY recommend the Broad Chare (though it is on the pricier end) which is just off the Quayside. Also just off the Quayside is a pub called the  Bridge Tavern (http://www.thebridgetavern.com/) which sells nice food.  You'll also find a Pitcher and Piano and a bunch of other restaurants on the Quayside"

18:00 sounds good to me.  I have a UK mobile number which I'm happy to post to the list, but would rather it was not archived if that is possible (Deborah?)

Kylie