[DWJ] Age in F&H

Kyla Mackay-Smith kyla at keyfitz.org
Tue Oct 7 15:40:59 EDT 2014

On Tue, 7 Oct 2014, Hallie O'Donovan wrote:

>> Kyla: (I'm half-remembering something about someone trying to get out
>> of being sacrificed by saying that they're connected to something
>> Christian, and the person who wants to do the sacrificing is all, "ooh,
>> goody, more power"--what on earth is that from? I know it's super
>> vague, but I bet someone here knows what I'm talking about.)

> If someone trying to save somebody else from being sacrificed counts,
> it's almost definitely THE PERILOUS GARD. Although the Lady wouldn't say
> "goody". :)

That's it! I was thinking it was probably a character called Christopher,
but I was getting muddled with Christopher Chant, and I knew that wasn't
right. Kate says he was named after a saint who carried the Lord on his
shoulders, or something like that, and the Lady says something about "then
we shall add that power to our own." I was paraphrasing with the "goody."

> Back to DWJ though - I'm not seeing how Tom's being 33 at the time of
> his death would be Laurel's doing in any way, given the regular schedule
> of sacrifices?

Naw, I was just thinking it could be a bonus, particularly if Tom himself
thought of it--belief gives power and all that.