[DWJ] Philip Pullman and CS Lewis (was RE: Incoherent Notes on THB and Shelley)

Gili Bar-Hillel gbhillel at netvision.net.il
Thu Oct 2 01:58:45 EDT 2014

I've written an essay on the C.S.Lewis/Philip Pullman matter, which is
published in this book:

http://www.palgrave.com/page/detail/c.s.-lewis-michelle-ann-abate/?K=9780230301245

Cathy paraphrased it perfectly when I told her about it: Pullman was trying
so specifically to not be Lewis that there's a big Lewis-shaped hole in his
writing.