[DWJ] Incoherent Notes on THB and Shelley

hschinske at aol.com hschinske at aol.com
Wed Oct 1 13:00:51 EDT 2014

Kyra, I hate to spoil the story about Plotinus, but I think that's
probably a mistranslation. I suspect the apparent reference to
menstruation has more to do with contemporary theories of embryology,
and he means something more like what we would call protoplasm -- raw
people-stuff. In other words, beauty isn't about flesh and blood.

Helen Schinske