[DWJ] Incoherent Notes on THB and Shelley

Janet Eastwood janet.eastwood at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 1 12:57:58 EDT 2014

Kyra, thank you!
Your "awesomely extensive" notes are fascinating! DWJ was so deliberate about it. I will have to reread THB and get around to Shelley (and probably the rest of the Romantics after that). (Argh!) (But really, thanks.)

Deborah, would you mind expanding on Pullman being of Lewis's party without realizing it? I can see the similarities in the heroic adventure, children growing up and sacrificing (not necessarily in that order), battling corrupt adults, and allying with good, Otherized adults/forces, but for all its beauty, Pullman's writing has an anger in it that I don't see in Lewis's. (I would love it if he were, though!)

Janet