[DWJ] Is this a first edition?

Carol Carr coracleg at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 06:26:55 EST 2014

I bought a hardback copy of Charmed Life recently in a secondhand shop. It
has no cover, but it has 208 numbered pages (there is a 209 not numbered),
is printed in 1977, says "first published in 1977" and no subsequent dates.
It has been a library book, and there is a handwritten date of aquisition
"23.7.78"
The title page just says, simply "Charmed Life" in lovely italics, followed
by DIANA WYNNE JONES in block capitals. At the bottom of the page is a
large M for Macmillan.
Without the cover will I be able to confirm if it's a first edition?

Any help will be appreciated.

Carol Carr, NZ