[DWJ] Mark Reads Deep Secret

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Wed Mar 19 10:46:44 EDT 2014

On Wed, 19 Mar 2014, Deborah Meghnagi Bailey wrote:

> Which saddened me, particularly since Nan Pilgrim, in Witch Week, was
> an absolutely wonderful and unabashedly plump/fat and plain heroine.

Actually, I'm really glad you reminded me of Nan, because more
often I have a tendency to think about the most recent books, so
yes, there is "the fat of stupidity" in Enchanted Glass, which
made me so sad. But you are totally right about Nan. (And I like
Katta's observations about Deep Secretand the difference between
Maree's self perception and how she perceives others who are
happy.)

-deborah