[DWJ] Mark Reads Deep Secret

Deborah Meghnagi Bailey deborah at brightweavings.com
Wed Mar 19 09:58:47 EDT 2014

For me, it's her references to fat people that I find off-putting, although
it was interesting that Mark commented that she was showing fat people
socializing in a normal context, and that was therefore a positive thing. I
do think some fat prejudice maybe crept into her later works. I'd be happy
to be told I'm wrong, but I saw a little here, and a little in Enchanted
Glass. Which saddened me, particularly since Nan Pilgrim, in Witch Week, was
an absolutely wonderful and unabashedly plump/fat and plain heroine.