[DWJ] Mark Reads Deep Secret

Katarina Hjärpe katarina.hjarpe at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 09:02:41 EDT 2014

> I feel quite defensive and wanting to go and explain! I don't want people
> thinking DWJ has deliberately been racist...
>
> I won't though, I'm sure that community is no more welcoming than any
> other to some total randomer piling in to say they're wrong...
>
> The way I see it, they have an ideological standpoint, they've thought out
their reasons for it, and even if I disagree on some counts I'm not going
to be a nuisance about it. (If they had a *harmful* ideological standpoint
it'd be another matter, of course!)

What really struck me, now with the Mark Reads reviews, is how frequently
DWJ uses the word "mad" or something like it and how unnecessary it often
is. I don't have any strong objections to the word as such, but I was
starting to think it might be objectionable from a *stylistic* point of
view to use it so often! :-)

Katta