[DWJ] The Dragon Book

Eleanor Joslin eleanor at dreamvine.org.uk
Fri Mar 7 09:13:49 EST 2014

Browsing the OurDragonsAreDifferent/Literature page on TV Tropes (no
link; the site's too addictive) I came across a description of a DWJ
story I don't recognise.

"Yet another one of her short stories was one for The Dragon Book, an
anthology. This is one of the better examples, as according to this
story dragons are the spiritual manifestation of certain people, who
apparently need energy taken from sheep or moving trains or something to
sustain their dragon selves. Hence the reason medieval dragons "ate"
sheep; they drained them for energy."

Looks like it's this book:
http://www.amazon.com/The-Dragon-Book-Magical-Masters/dp/044101920X
but is the story available anywhere else?  What's it called?

Now I've read The Islands of Chaldea, I thought I'd run out of new DWJ
to read!

Eleanor