[DWJ] DWJ Conference and Papers

Lucy Pearson lucy.r.pearson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 04:54:30 EST 2014

Dear Andrea,

It's not your fail! The registration will go up in the next day or so - I
have been battling with the various bits of bureaucracy involved! I've been
waiting to post again to the list till it was up and ready to go, but I
would LOVE to see lots of you there.

Also, since I'm posting - we've just confirmed our special guest Ursula
Jones! She's going to speak about growing up with Diana and (of course)
about *The Islands of Chaldea*. I'm VERY excited.

The second day is more towards the academic side of things and I'm hoping
to generate a bit more scholarship on Diana out of it. However, if people
have ideas for papers / panels which are slightly more fannish in nature
then you should feel free to submit them - if there are enough, then I'll
definitely consider running a 'fandom track' (though I think everyone
working on Diana comes at it from an 'acafan' perspective.

All the best,

Lucy
DWJ Conference organiser

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 1:53 AM, Andrea Höst <andreakhost at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to sign up to _attend_ the conference? I have failed in
> navigating the web site I think.
> On 05/03/2014 12:46 PM, <deborah.dwj at suberic.net> wrote:
>
> > I was wondering if anyone was making plans to attend or submit papers for
> >> the Diana Wynne Jones Conference in September?
> >> http://conferences.ncl.ac.uk/dwj/
> >>

> > I plan to! Though I've been in an unacademic rut for a year or so and
> I've
> > been wracking my brains for a paper topic that doesn't feel forced.
> >
> > -deborah

Lucy Pearson, Lecturer in Children's Literature
Newcastle University Children's Literature Unit
http://www.ncl.ac.uk/elll/research/children/unit.htm