[DWJ] Registration open - A Fantastic Legacy: Diana Wynne Jones Memorial Conference, Newcastle, UK: 5-6 September, 2014

Lucy Pearson lucy.r.pearson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 08:05:13 EDT 2014

 Dear all,

Registration is now open for 'A Fantastic Legacy: Diana Wynne Jones
Memorial Conference'. See below for details. We received some brilliant
paper proposals and we think it's going to be a great event! Do circulate.

Best,

Lucy
A Fantastic Legacy: Diana Wynne Jones Memorial Conference, Newcastle, UK:
5-6 September, 2014

http://conferences.ncl.ac.uk/dwj
With special guest Ursula Jones!

*Registration is now open for ‘A Fantastic Legacy: Diana Wynne Jones
Memorial Conference’*.

Explore the many worlds of Diana Wynne Jones at this two-day conference
celebrating her life and work. Newcastle University and Seven Stories, the
National Centre for Children’s Books, will be hosting fans and scholars of
Diana Wynne Jones 5-6 September 2014.
Special guests

*Ursula Jones*, Diana’s sister, will join us to speak about growing up with
Diana and the experience of completing Diana’s final book, *The Islands of
Chaldea*.

We’ll also be joined by *Laura Cecil*, Diana’s literary agent, and *Nicholas
Tucker*, scholar of children’s literature and lifelong friend of Diana, who
will speak about Diana’s life and work.

Our keynote speaker is *Catherine Butler*, author of *Four British
Fantasists* (2006) and Lecturer in English Literature at the University of
the West of England.
Explore the archive

Before her death, Diana Wynne Jones donated her extensive archive to Seven
Stories, including childhood writing and drawings, original manuscript
drafts of many of her books -  including  *Charmed Life*, *Fire and Hemlock*,
and *The Pinhoe Egg – *and much more.  Uncover the secrets of Diana’s
archive with archivist Hannah Izod.
Papers and panels

We have a fantastic selection of papers from conference delegates. Panels
include ‘Agents of Chaos’, ‘Chant Family Values’, and ‘Diana’s Goddesses’.
See the full list of papers on the conference website.
Register now

Register now at the conference website: http://conferences.ncl.ac.uk/dwj.
Full rate for academic delegates: £130. Thanks to support from the
Catherine Cookson Foundation we are able to offer a special discounted rate
of £80 for students and non-academic delegates.

*Contact*

 Conference website: http://conferences.ncl.ac.uk/dwj.

Conference email: dwjconference at gmail.com

--
Lucy Pearson, Lecturer in Children's Literature
Newcastle University Children's Literature Unit