[DWJ] Loncon meeting?

Gili Bar-Hillel gbhillel at netvision.net.il
Fri Jul 25 04:35:10 EDT 2014

There is now a Facebook event for the Diana Wynne Jones meetup, please feel
free to join and add others who may be interested:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1640543696169770/

The event was initiated by Goldeen (Grace) Ogawa who is not a list member,
but she is a great DWJ fan. She's bringing some books to give away, perhaps
a book swap could be a nice idea.

In addition, we might hold a smaller, informal meeting by the Diana Wynne
Jones bench on Saturday, which would have been Diana's 80th birthday. Shana
has given quite specific instructions on how to find the bench, and I
quote: "the DWJ bench will be in front of the ISO storage container, all
the way to the left when you come in the main entrance, door N11.  If all
goes to plan, there will be geraniums next to it." I suggest 5pm, just
because one must suggest a time and why not.

Personally, I think the geraniums would benefit from a little flag saying
"be daffodils in June, you beastly things!"

Looking forward to seeing some of you in person. If not in London, perhaps
a few weeks later in Newcastle, at the DWJ conference.

Gili